Fire in Brunswick!

Fire in Brunswick!

From WCME News 9:

A neighbor tells WCME News 9 that it began with a loud boom.

Fire chief Ken Brilliant says there were two injuries–neither thought to be serious–in a smoky house fire in bitter cold temperatures at the intersection of Mere Point and Maquoit Roads in Brunswick. The house–occupied by a couple–is now a near-total loss. The woman suffered smoke inhalation and minor burns to the face, while the man escaped without injury. A firefighter fell through a hole in the floor–he was evaluated for chest and stomach pain.

Four companies have been battling the fire–in addition to Brunswick, Bath, Topsham and Freeport have sent personnel to the scene. No word on a cause.

Chief Brilliant talks about the fire here.


Updates through the day on Radio 9 WCME.