21 Dec WCME Midcoast News December 21, 2015
In Brunswick, no one injured in an early morning house fire at the home of the Boid Allen family on Merryman Lane. Allen says he was watching television when he smelled smoke and found his two-year-old son’s room full of smoke as the boy was asleep. Allen was then able to get the child, his wife and the family dog out of the house as he called for help. No word on a cause or on the precise extent of damage. Firefighters from Brunswick, Topsham, Freeport and West Bath joined in the firefighting effort.
The 23-year-old man from Boothbay injured in a weekend tire explosion at a Sears Auto Center in Salem, New Hampshire is improving.
Adam Sproul, who suffered a head injury, is due to be moved from the intensive care unit at Boston Medical Center to a regular room and is said to be eating. The accident happened when a large truck tire that an auto center employee was working on exploded and hit both the worker and Sproul in the head. The employee was rushed to the hospital, where he died from head injuries.
More on these stories throughout the day on Radio 9 WCME.